Sunday, 6 March 2011

I thought my feet had stopped growing...

But my carbon footprint just got bigger. I drove a car for the first time in the UK. I illicitly drove one aged 13 in France. Anyway it is so damn complicated! Well I can get going, clutch, gear stick, handbrake, accelerator, ease off the clutch (Don't stall!). I can change from 1st gear to 2nd. But braking is just hard! You've got to slow down, come out of gear and brake...I kept stalling when we did that bit. Dad and I didn't argue, I didn't crash, no one died and everything is in one piece, oh and no one has whiplash. All in all a success. We did however decide I need to get a proper driving instructor though because in the test they are so particular. So I need to find one and part with about £25 per hour to learn to drive.

It would be so much simpler if I was learning in an automatic, but I'm learning in a manual (or 'stick') that is what everyone does here and automatic cars are more expensive and no company cars or mini buses or anything are automatic so you would basically only be able to drive your own car and I think it means you have something different written on your license.

Enough about driving. I don't really know what to write though.

4 comments:

  1. Well done! <3
    I think, when im able to drive, i'm going to learn to drive in an automatic - there is no way im going to remember how to drive a manual car :P
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely stick to the manual!! I learned on automatic and now can't learn how to do gears at all. I've tried, but I think I'm too old at this point to really catch on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aahhh well done that's so good that you're learning :D

    Good work lovey!

    And it's so much better to learn in a manual car though 'cos then you can drive both easily!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was an NCIS episode where the Scottish medical examiner curses the Americans for not being able to drive stick. Puha. I guess most people over there do drive stick.

    ReplyDelete