Friday, 3 June 2011

'The Friend Technique'

I met up with Lissy yesterday, it was really nice and even though we didn't do that much walking I'm shattered today.
It made me realise how distorted I am about myself. I can be completely rational and sensible when it comes to her but in the evening we were talking about goal weights and I was saying how when I go to university I'll just maintain and everything will be fine. Lissy said "but how? how are you suddenly going to be okay with doing that?" and she is right, but I still honestly think everything will change because it HAS to change. I think I have an eating disorder and have had one for the past 5 years because it suits me, it aids my survival. Realistically I can't 'survive' at university if I'm not happy, so I'll have to be happy?

I don't know.

I'm so sleeepy, I haven't updated my tumblr in ages even though I have quite a lot to put on there.

My weight is down again today to nearer where it was this time last week.

I still need to do maths, but that means going to Waterstone's to get the practice papers and I can't really go all the way into town without going swimming..!

Another philosophical questions Lissy and I pondered was why is a Mocha Light frappacino 45p more expensive than a Coffee Light frappacino when it contains the same amount of stuff!


FRAPPUCCINO® BLENDED BEVERAGES - COFFEE LIGHT
COFFEE FRAPPUCCINO® (NO WHIP)
Tall - Skimmed Milk (£2.75)
83.1
Grande - Skimmed Milk
118.2
Venti - Skimmed Milk
139.3
MOCHA FRAPPUCCINO® (NO WHIP)
Tall - Skimmed Milk (£3.20!!!)
96.0
Grande - Skimmed Milk
142.8
Venti - Skimmed Milk
179.1
CARAMEL FRAPPUCCINO® (NO WHIP)
Tall - Skimmed Milk
96.4
Grande - Skimmed Milk
133.9
Venti - Skimmed Milk
165.5


This is from the UK site by the way I think American sizes are larger and therefore different calories.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry if I stressed you out with that comment last night? Thank you for lovely day yesterday and for all the help with the form!!! (Aka doing it for me!) Hope you're okay :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. American sizes are larger... this disappoints me. I understand why you're worried, I went through the same thing. And if it helps, I did manage to maintain far better than I ever have at home. When I didn't, the university put me on medical leave. so when I get the urge to lose, I just remember everything that's at stake. I was the happiest I've ever been at university, and I hope you will be, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. American sizes are larger and WAY more calories, which is BS. >:( And my cousins say your Starbucks tastes way better than ours. The coffee at Starbuck's here is nasty, I dunno how anyone can drink it.

    I hope you can be happy at uni. My first couple years away at uni, I was so distracted by all the new stuff going on that I totally stopped caring about my weight and what I ate. It was amazing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete