Friday, 10 June 2011

SlutWalk

I'm going to the London Slutwalk tomorrow. I was (am) quite apprehensive, then I read this blog and it just confirmed to me that I'm doing the right thing.

People like to think that victim-blaming doesn't happen, that themselves aren't victim blamers.
I'm not actually very articulate, in that ranting isn't actually articulate. Hence the link to the blog which says it much better than I could "Of course the rapist is to blame, but.."

I'll write about how it was afterwards.

For me this isn't just about supporting a cause, it is about going into a situation I know I couldn't have dealt with a year let alone 3 years ago, I'm scared, but it is going to be okay.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear about it, I hope it goes well. You are doing a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah that sounds awesome (i wasn't sure what i was so i read the link) i hope you have a lovely time! :]

    tell us how it goes :] xxxx

    ReplyDelete