Sunday, 12 June 2011

SlutWalk

So much happened yesterday I can't sum it up at all.

I wrote my first poem in ages. Here is me reading it >>>>.<<<<. I don't have an audio editer so the first 3 seconds are silent. It is only very short.

Yesterday had so many emotions. All the people there, all the slogans on banners. All the journalists photographing and interviewing. None of my photos got used, I'm glad though because :/ yeh, just awkward.

We marched up to Trafalgar Square where there was music and speeches. I didn't agree with everything that was said, there was a woman reading poetry though which was really good.

Lily and I went to starbucks and chatted for about 3 hours, completely lost track of time. Her Dad called and I looked at my watch expecting to be shocked that it was 6pm...it was 7.15pm! It was a lovely lovely day though, even though it was hard. I wrote about my rape on my arm and people read it and that was hard. Some people said really nice things about it. One man from the Sunday Times said to his colleague "there is a story there" and I felt awful, that is all I was to them, a story.

I'm so glad I went though, I'm so glad Lily was there with me, I really couldn't have done it without her.

*****

Revision today hasn't gone so well, I could fit in another 4 hours but I have so much going through my head that was dragged up yesterday that it is so hard to concentrate.

Yesterday I had 320calories, today I've had about 1000 calories of granola, 50 calories soup, 160 calorie bag of crisps, 69 calorie biscuit, 103 calorie fondant fancy cake...

3 comments:

  1. You're so brave, well done for going x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it went well on Saturday. Seriously :) And the exam WILL be okay!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one brave lady.
    Stay strong my love.
    that poem is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete