I went to my college mentor's leaving party. It was nice just a bit awkward given pretty much everyone else there was a tutor or lecturer. Got to see my old teacher's newborn though which was lovely.
I had my Disabled Student Allowance assessment/meeting yesterday. It was SO much BETTER than I had expected. Not at all clinical, very caring and so understanding. It couldn't have gone better I don't think.
Anyway they've recommended (subject to funding approval which should be fine) that I have:
- A laptop and scanner- printer
- Various programmes like powertalk and mindmap and sonocent
- Audiorecorder (dictaphone)
- 2 hours mentoring per week
- 1 hour speciality tutoring per week
- 12 hours IT training for the new equipment
- Ink/paper/photocopying allowance
- Book allowance
- Emergency travel allowance
I hate committing myself to anything, I panic and want to get up. I've realised I've said I'll go into the homelessness drop-in when I have a driving lesson so I need to let them know but ahhh. I feel such a let down. Do you think it is really bad if I just email them???