Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Times they are a changin'

Just about to go for my driving lesson so I'm not sure why I'm blogging right now.
The doctor's was fine, I didn't see my usual GP but this other woman was just as nice, I have a blood test about the thyroid problem tomorrow afternoon.

Yesterday afternoon my little brother and I went shopping, it was so lovely. He is 13 and he has Asperger's Syndrome (a type of Autism) but he has done so well in the last 6 months. He has done a whole term of school, completely normally and been to the cinema, sleepovers etc with friends. Anyway we went shopping and we're now the same jean size in H&M (13-14) and a medium men's shirt! The shirt and the jeans have room to grow but he is getting so tall! We also got him some converse-style shoes and he looks super cool. Not that he doesn't normally but he is getting to the stage where our Mum buying his clothes isn't so cool anymore and his friends aren't really into going shopping. I love my little brother so much, more than anyone else. We don't argue, I think he is cool, if he carries on doing so well socially he is NOT going to have trouble with girls (he already has a few who are constantly facebooking him!). I just love him.

But I'm going to university and he won't be old enough to visit me on his own during my first year because it is a 4 hour train journey with changes and everything and he has only ever got the train with me. My older brother will probably be moving out at the same time. Possibly to Maine...we live in England by the way...if he goes to Maine he'll be doing his Master's and teaching here. Even if he stays with his current company his next contract could be almost anywhere in the world.

Times they are a changin'.

2 comments:

  1. Scary time when things are changing,
    But let the road rise to meet you! U can do it,
    You sound like a wonderful sister
    xxXXxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're brother sounds lovely!! Although it is very scary watching them grow up. :/ One of my little bros is about to start college at the end of August and I feel like he's still my baby brother. :*D

    I should do more things with my bros like you do. <3

    ReplyDelete