Monday, 5 September 2011

Why do we like to be hungry?

Calmed down a tad since yesterday!

Today I had a whole list of things I was going to do and I don't think I've done any of them... I want to go into the city but I don't want to get the bus :/ I want to go swimming but I can't be bothered at the same time.

I have £30 or Cath Kidston vouchers to spend and I'm trying to decide what to get. Things I need for university are:

  1. Box files/ something to store papers in
  2. White board
  3. Notebooks
  4. Laundry airer/ drying rack
  5. Washing detergent and stain remover
  6. Washing up sponges


Okay...bored of listing things because there are loads of things I need or want. Like all my books for instance, mainly I'm going to try and buy them during freshers week when they are being sold more cheaply (used copies) but I want to get my Statistics book before terms starts because it is the module I'm most worried about. I have however lost my reading list...

I haven't eaten anything today and I'm still not hungry. I haven't been hungry now for 2 and a half weeks because I've been eating so regularly and much. I really miss being hungry, I like being hungry.

Oh and I got the menus for my first term...pretty much going to eat from the salad bar and soup of the day. Not even because of calories but I just don't like/ can't eat (lactose intolerant)/ don't know what most of the food is! The carbs for every meal is chips/jacket potato as the two options. Oh and they put gravy in the vegetable options box :S slightly concerned!

I do really like knowing exactly what there is for each meal though, so I can plan it all out. I'm planning on maintaining/ losing at a much slower rate at university.

3 comments:

  1. Try to make school a priority. It might help with distracting you from eating as much or it might not. But eventually, you'll get it all figured out. You just have to get adjusted.
    I am concerned and slightly confused... How is gravy a vegetable? But I hate not knowing what I'm getting for food. I would stick to soup and the salad bar too. I might get something else once in a blue moon, but not often at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you've calmed down a bit (: I always make to do lists too as it helps destress me, but don't feel pressurised to complete the list, if you can't be bothered to shop or swim, then don't (:
    That sounds like a good plan to buy books cheap on freshers week (: could you email the uni to ask for a book list? Or see if they possibly have it on the site?

    Please try and eat something today, I know that feeling of hunger is so addictive, but please try and have something :( I'm glad you regularly ate on holiday and didn't let your ED ruin your break you know? (:
    I always have to plan out what I'm eating and when too, so that's good you've got your menu already but if theres anything you do like/can eat ever which aren't soup or salad please do have them? :(

    Thank you for your comment on my blog too and I see your point: Why kill myself now when I don't know how life can go? I feel better today and rarely wanna kill myself nowadays, and I usually think, what's the worse that'll happen if I just ride this out? I like your method, I haven't thought of it like that before: If things get worse I can kill myself (but when things are worse, they can get worse still so it can be applied again then too etc)

    Thank you, and I hope you have a good day, xxxxxxxxxxxx
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good plan for starting at university... My first semester, I made no attempt to slow down, and I ended up in a really bad place. Soup and salad is the way to go. In my experience, they're usually the least revolting, no matter where the caf.

    Best of luck with your To Do list! xx

    ReplyDelete