Tuesday, 17 April 2012

I realised from going to Lily's appointment where they lady talked about this process:


That I don't think I actually want to get better, I mean I do eventually, I don't always want to live like this. But I want to get a whole lot worse first. I feel like everyone says when you're very underweight that they can't talk about the 'issues' until you're less starved. Then I gain the weight and I've always been discharged or something else has come up like too high risk or whatever.
I don't know. Just making stupid plans.

But I like this cycle.

Pre-Contempation- Is where you don't think you have a problem so change seems completely irrelevant.
Contemplation- Is where you kinda do kinda don't want to change. You can't imagine life without an ED.
Determination/ Preparation- Is where you want to change but can't actually put the action in.
Action- Is where you are actually doing it. Eating, being healthy.
Maintenance- Is just that, from here you may recover or may relapse.

Obviously there is a lot of moving back and forth between the stages as you get scared. It isn't just a neat trot round and tah dah you're recovered.

I just like it.

I want to almost die again.

2 comments:

  1. I don't want you to die.

    I think it's interesting to think about where you are on the circle thing and why etc. That's what I've been doing lately anyway xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh the Transtheoretical Model! It's a good one, in that you don't have to just go in a circle, you can waver back and forth between stages - I think it explains some things well.

    In your spare time, you should google health behavior models, they might strike your fancy - it's part of what I've been studying for my masters degree. There are a ton of models and theories to explain why we do all the things we do regarding our health.

    And I agree with Lissy - I don't want you to die at all.

    ReplyDelete