Tuesday, 2 October 2012

GAH Kent NHS

Worrying that I won't be able to go back to the woods and I'll be stuck in a county that only treats severe anorexics and bulimics (and by severe bulimic they mean purging / laxatives at least once a day). They don't recognise EDNOS at all for referral. So the only way I'd get help in Kent is if I gave up on getting better anytime soon and instead focused my efforts on completing my 7th year as someone with an eating disorder. 

Obviously not a very good plan. However it is screwed up that in Nottingham I count as having a 'severe and prolonged eating disorder' with a 'complex history and comorbidities' yet in Kent I don't even count as having an eating disorder. I do qualify for referral in Somerset and hopefully I'll know by the end of the week when I'm going back there. Kent IS pretty backwards in all things medical but it is just dujehdfeshfjsahfr. 

I'm ill enough to be signed of sick and apply for benefits anywhere in the country but I'm only ill enough to get better help in certain counties.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds terribly frustrating... I hope that you are able to sort things out!

    xx

    ReplyDelete