Sunday, 4 November 2012

Genuinely don't know if I can cope with living here. Volunteer has used my spelt flour to make a loaf...I was going to use it to make rolls this afternoon because I'm the only one that can't have wheat and they freeze and keep for longer but she has made a massive loaf and may well have mixed in wheat flour, I don't know. 
I don't want to eat biscuits and snacks much at the moment but I can't eat their bread or biscuits or crackers etc etc yet she thinks it is ok to just use the flour without asking me. There was over a kilo there and now there is 80g. I use 550g a to make 12 rolls. 
Then I think the other guest is pissed off with me because I didn't hear him say hello to me and I'm just really bad at communicating with him. I don't at all dislike him but I just don't know what to say to him.  
Anyway, if I bring any of this up it'll end up me being at fault.

4 comments:

  1. Do you think you might be able to label your flour? This person probably had no idea it was reserved for a special purpose. That kind of thing would really bother me too, but instead of getting upset about it, take a small step to help prevent it in the future. Best case scenario, you would just ask her not to use your special flour, but I know that might be really uncomfortable. So instead, stick a label on the bag that says "For X purpose only, please do not use for anything else! This flour is for someone with a wheat allergy, do not contaminate!"

    Don't think too much about that other guest. People don't dwell on that stuff for long. And you don't have to say hello back, just look up and smile. Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. So volunteers can just use whatever food they want? How rude! Definitely feel free to label your flour clearly. That it's for a wheat alergic person. Maybe talk to whoever oversees the volunteers.
    You have a right to eat foods that your body can digest! This volunteer needs to remember she's at a medical facility.
    And if a shy smile isn't enough for that other guest... he's the one with the problem. It's not your job to make him happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really... your flour was taken? I hope that labeling it helps, and that you don't have to initiate a confrontation where you feel you'll be blamed...

    I do not eat corn, and I know how frustrating it can be when a corn-free meal I've planned is foiled. So I hope you get this sorted. It's not fair for a volunteer to be so unaware of what she's doing.

    Hang in there, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you should label your flour and speak to the person who used it, they may not have realised and it'll hopefully mean it wont happen again! i'm sure you wont be blamed...either for this or the boy, just explain that you didnt realise he said hello...it'll be ok :) xo.

    ReplyDelete