Monday, 31 December 2012

End of the year review

I'm not where I expected at the start of the year.
My resolutions were rather boringly to be tidier and to be more organised with revision and studying. 
I didn't think I'd be taking the year off of university. I didn't think I'd be living in a woodland community in a different part of the country. I didn't think so many things would happen. However, I think a big part of that was because I couldn't envisage myself very far in the future. Not because I thought I would die but because I was so focused on just surviving that day, week, month, semester. 
I'm not discontent with 2012 though. I've learnt a lot and it is realistic that in a years time I could be happier and healthier if I put the work in. If I want it enough. 

I'm going to the usual friend's for New Year. I went last year and the year before. We will chat, play Settlers of Catan, ring of fire, go for a midnight walk. It is a lovely group of quirky people and however fine or freaked out I get they will be fine with it. Which is lovely.

2 comments:

  1. <3 Happy new year, Eloise. You have accomplished much this year, truly. 2013 will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Settlers of Catan... sounds lovely. I'm glad that you have some good friends to spend time with. And I'm glad that you seem to want a future. xx

    ReplyDelete